Work for a leading British brand!
A Lead Front End Specialist is required to join a fast-paced Digital team working on some of the most exciting innovations in the industry.
Your main responsibility will be to help transform a UK brand with millions of customers into a modern tech services business where digital is central to all activity and future strategy on products and services.
- Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand the business requirements and to drive the design and development of high-quality technical solutions.
- Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes/projects.
- Deliver functionality (as part of both small/BAU changes and large projects) that fully meets the defined functional and non-functional requirements (evidenced by the execution of agreed test cases) within committed timescales and budget. This will include definition, maintenance and execution of unit test cases.
- Ensure the delivered solutions comply with the organisation’s architectural standards and seek formal exceptions where appropriate. Ensure code is developed in line with agreed coding standards (whether delivered by internal or partner resource), such that we deliver maintainable & performant code. This will include making recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code as appropriate.
- Model best practice acting as a role model for more junior members of the development team. This includes consistently exceeding the defined development KPIs in your own delivery and supporting more junior members in the same vein.
- Be a technical leader in your technology area (HTML, CSS, JS), responsible for code reviews of work delivered by more junior members of the development team (both internal and partner resources). This should include identifying repeating issues and mitigation strategies.
- Where appropriate, lead the delivery of Continuous Integration in an Agile environment.
- Performing interview and recruitment into Front-end (Angular) development roles
- Performance and management reviews
- 1-2-1 with team members to manage development
- Lead development teams across multiple work streams on best design and practice
- Develop and maintain Coding standards across front end development
- Ensure code across front end teams adheres to SOLID standards.
About You & your experience:
- Strong technical leadership skills with experience of developing and deploying IT solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile).
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Ideally, you will demonstrate experience in many of the following technical areas:
- Strong experience of Angular 2.x+ (2/4/5/6/7)
- HTML5 / CSS3 / SASS
- ReactiveX / RxJS / Redux
- NGRX / Storm
- Angular Modules / Webpack / AWS
- 7+ years experience in front end development
- Experience of reusable/ modular design
- Experience of frontend frameworks (bootstrap)
- Atlassian toolset (Git, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Environment Configuration and CI challenges
- Knowledge of Agile, TDD
- Working with external teams to educate and ensure they follow coding standards and development practice for front end teams.
On offer is a great benefits package that includes a £5200 car allowance, 20% bonus, generous pension, private medical and flexible working arrangements including flexible hours and home working opportunities.
If you would like more information about our Lead Angular Developer role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.