Develop your skills whilst working on a ground breaking product!
We are seeking a Ruby on Rails developer to help a visionary startup build a ground breaking platform.
As a Ruby on Rails developer, you will be a core member of this ground breaking technology team. As part of this progressive startup, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the success of this industry disruptor.
Skills & experience required.
- You must have significant experience in web development. Our client utilise Ruby on Rails and a modern JS tech stack. Experience with both Ruby on Rails and modern frontend frameworks (such as Vue, React or Angular) is desirable but not essential.
- We’re looking for someone with ambition. While your skills may be in one area currently, you should be keen to expand into becoming a Full Stack Developer. Alternatively, you may be someone with experience in similar frameworks and some experience with RoR who is looking to commit to learning more.
- You should have experience working with developers of different skill levels (using Git and GitHub, code reviews, pair programming).
- Our client has strong ambitions to grow the product team. As the software engineering team grows, you’ll be helping set standards and the pave the way for those following you.
- You should have a firm appreciation for a good user experience and instinctively can design and build interfaces in a user-centric way, taking pride in delivering quality and well thought-out work.
- You should be confident in delivering work creatively; this might include initial wireframing or planning user interface workflows, taking precedent from existing UI or design systems.
- You should be confident in your ability to work closely with members of the team, challenging decisions and bringing your own skills and expertise to the table.
- It would be beneficial if you have had experience with common testing frameworks. Any previous work experience in an environment that utilises Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery would also be an asset.
- Our client is using technologies such as Rails, PostgreSQL, Stimulus, Vue, Sidekiq, ElasticSearch, Stripe, Heroku and AWS. Any prior knowledge or experience of any of these would be a bonus.
- Experience integrating with documented third-party APIs to exchange data or kick off workflows would be advantageous.
- Knowledge or prior work experience within the not-for-profit sector, while to be informed about common workflows and the likely CRMs used (such as Salesforce.org or Blackbaud) would also be an advantage.
This is a great opportunity to work on a ground-breaking product while developing (or continuing to develop) your skills. You will be contributing to our client’s vision for transforming the Third Sector. On top of a competitive salary, you will have generous flexible and remote working options plus 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays), a pension scheme and plenty of company socials.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.