Talented Java Developers are required to join an exciting new startup that provides a safe, secure and sovereign data platform.
Talented Java Developers are required to join an exciting new startup that provides a safe, secure and sovereign data platform, with the ability to undertake analysis of private data with the consent of the data owners, and designed to be the first ‘citizen’ centric data portal providing data management services. The rapidly expanding data privacy market is forecast to grow exponentially over the coming years and the services offered to both organisations and individuals meet both consumer trends and on-going Government aspirations. This new venture is driven by a highly experienced board of Directors with a strong track record of entrepreneurial success building successful tech and data companies.
Skills & Experience required:
- Server-side Java e.g. J2EE (client-side technologies like Swing are irrelevant)
- Spring Framework
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- RESTful JSON Web Services
- Distributed microservice architecture
- Secure systems for processing personal data
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting languages (bash, python, groovy, kotlin)
- Configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Containerisation (Docker)
- Orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Build and Test Automation tools (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- High availability/performance/scalability solutions
- DevOps, continuous integration and deployment
The concepts and tools are all new, so you must be able to grasp new concepts quickly and work with software, for which reading source code and Internet investigation is the norm rather than being able simply to read books and go on courses.
Good interpersonal skills are required to build relationships and trust with open source development communities, in order to find answers to problems and gain support, which has to be reciprocal.
You will be a self-starter, quick learner and someone who likes challenges. You will be a team player that is able to be part of and mentor a team who demonstrates a real passion for pushing web software to the limit.
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options combined with a very flexible working environment, including flexible hours and home working 2 days per week in a brand new state of the office.
The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.