Join a disruptive scale-up!
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options combined with a very flexible working environment which includes flexible hours and home working 2 days per week in a brand new state of the office.
Talented or aspiring Java Developers are required to join a growing agile Engineering team of an exciting new SaaS company that provides a modern and cutting edge digital services platform. We are happy to consider Developers with some commercial development experience or who can demonstrate a strong academic background combined with some relevant personal projects.
You will be a self-starter, quick learner and someone who likes challenges. You will be a team player that is able to be part of and mentor a team who demonstrates a real passion for pushing web software to the limit.
- Server-side Java development skills e.g. J2EE (client-side technologies like Swing are irrelevant)
- Spring Framework
- Familiarity with some of the following skills will be beneficial, although training and mentoring will be provided
- RESTful JSON Web Services
- Distributed microservice architecture
- Secure systems for processing personal data
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting languages (bash, python, groovy, kotlin)
- Configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Containerisation (Docker)
- Orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Build and Test Automation tools (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- High availability/performance/scalability solutions
- DevOps, continuous integration and deployment
The concepts and tools are all new, so you must be able to grasp new concepts quickly and work with software, for which reading source code and Internet investigation is the norm rather than being able simply to read books and go on courses.
Good interpersonal skills are required to build relationships and trust with open source development communities, in order to find answers to problems and gain support, which has to be reciprocal.
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with a comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options combined with a very flexible working environment which includes flexible hours and home working 2 days per week in a brand new state of the office. You will also be involved in innovation day when you get to spend 10% of your time working on your own new ideas.
The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. Free parking is also available.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.