Are you an IT Service Transition Manager available immediately?
An experienced IT Service Transition Manager role is required to lead all service design and transition activities across the business transformation and ERP replacement programme.
As IT Transition manager, you will act as the prime interface for stakeholders, project managers, and suppliers for service design and transition. Working with the suppliers, this position includes responsibility for documenting and agreeing the service design and transition scope, strategy and framework to ensure that new or amended services are appropriately designed to deliver the best outcome and transitioned into the live service portfolio with minimum negative impact to service operations.
The deliverables of the role will be
Working with multiple suppliers to define and design delivery of fully integrated services across a complex configuration of core business services as part of the transformation programme.
Effective design and transition of all new and amended services into live using agreed acceptance into service criteria.
Work closely with the programme leads and project managers to ensure that service design and transition requirements are incorporated into all projects
Define requirements for all support, including acceptance into service and early life support based on agreed service and technical designs
Ensure QA is carried out to expected levels, helping to building test scripts against design requirements as necessary
Identify and manage service design & transition risks and issues.
Contribute to the communication of new and changed services to the business by providing relevant information to the IT Business Partners and Service Operations about new and changed services
Ensure the Service Catalogue is maintained by reviewing and, if necessary, updating all catalogue entries to reflect new or changed services
Support the effective delivery of the IT Change Management process
Participate fully as a member of the Service Transition centre of excellence
- Excellent understanding of ITIL with v3 foundation level as a minimum requirement
- A good understanding of project lifecycle methodologies such as Prince 2 and Agile IT best practice frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing Service Design and Transition on large complex programmes of work.
- Excellent understanding of Architecture Development Methodologies.
- Previous use of service management tools (preferably ServiceNow) and Sharepoint Online would be an advantage
- Effective at building and sustaining relationships across all levels of the organisation, both within IT and external suppliers.
- Experience in acting as a point of reference to a delivery team, confident in working and negotiating with technical experts to ensure service transition is effectively delivered.
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills, with the motivation to exceed expectations
- Previous experience of working on an ERP migration or replacement programme is highly desirable
This will be a hybrid role which can be based out of London or Bristol offices and we require candidates who are either available immediately or within 2 weeks’ notice.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.