Are you an experienced Infrastructure Engineer?
Do you have a passion and an interest in developing your skills in Azure Cloud and Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps?
If so this is a great opportunity to join a market-leading fintech who are building a modern scalable and flexible microservices architecture based on the latest Cloud and Azure technologies.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be working in an agile team, following scrum practices, and responsible for helping to maintain availability and performance on our current and legacy services, whilst working with the teams to identify improvements and efficiencies aligning with strategic goals and technologies.
- Automation and administration of the datacentre and cloud-based architecture
- Supporting production systems through monitoring and ‘auto-healing’ methodologies (such as auto-scaling) and performance analysis
- Getting involved in all stages of design, implementation, and operation of a highly available, scalable, and performant infrastructure and other services
- Supporting the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure
- Continuously reduce system complexity and technical debt
- Contribute to the adoption of modern, service-oriented methodologies
- Work with development teams throughout the software development lifecycle
- Triage operational issues
- Advocate and implement security first principles in system design/cloud infrastructure
You are a talented Engineer with an Infrastructure background, a creative thinker able to overcome “the way things have always been done” by providing innovative solutions and ideas working effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You have a passion for technology and a drive to improve processes and system efficiencies automating solutions wherever possible.
Our priority is to find colleagues that share our client’s passions and mindset. Working at the forefront of technology means that you’re constantly evolving your skills and experience, so we don’t expect you to have used all of the technical stack, but we do expect expertise in some.
Our client believes it’s in all interests to work with you in a role that speaks to your strengths and allows you to contribute, feel included, learn, grow, have a voice, and be able to challenge in a safe and secure way.
Some of the current technical stack/infrastructure consist of:
Azure (IAAS, PAAS), VMWare, Windows Server, Linux (RedHat), Networking, Containerisation, (Docker/Kubernetes), Terraform, Octopus Deploy, SQL Server, NServiceBus, NoSQL Databases (Mongo), Azure DevOps, CI/CD Builds, Git
You will only need to demonstrate experience in some of the above technologies but you must be willing and keen to learn and work with them.
The rewards and benefits.
Our client offers a generous benefits package. You can expect
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible Hybrid Working (split between home and office).
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Supported and encouraged professional development.
- Private Medical scheme (single cover that can be increased to FULL Family).
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.