Join a scaling and ambitious care organisation with family at its heart.
We are looking for a Head of Technology and Helpdesk to help support our client in its mission to enable true connectivity, collaboration, and effective working for its teams.
Reporting to, and supporting, the COO you will be responsible for the performance of the service desk. Your work as Head of Technology will ensure the team meets internal stakeholder needs, exceed its targets, and smash KPIs.
By improving user experience, you’ll be the catalyst for continuous improvement. By providing the tools, systems, and services to enable effective communication, collaboration, and effective working, your work will truly separate our client from its competitors.
As Head of Technology, you will be responsible for
- Running the IT Service desk and delivering to targets/SLAs whilst driving continuous improvement across the department
- Managing the department’s portfolio: tracking performance, facilitating progress, planning, and coordinating work.
- Developing, training, and supporting your team.
- Managing company IT assets: ordering, maintaining stock, deploying to users, tracking, vendor management.
- Security accreditation & compliance to agreed standards.
- Maintaining our offices’ IT infrastructure: ranging from Wi-fi to server installations, to telephony and video conference equipment.
- Developing and optimising the processes to achieve service level requirements.
As Head of Technology, you’ll need
- Proven Technical Acumen. You’ll need a strong understanding of Microsoft architecture and design approaches, with experience in informational, organisational, and modern Technology layers to build scalable platforms and products
- You’ll be industry aware. You’ll have knowledge of significant trends affecting the industry, whilst also making credible business cases for emerging technologies and delivering innovative solutions.
- Operational Excellence. It is desirable that you have previous experience in a service delivery role.
- You must be comfortable working across multiple complex work streams simultaneously.
- At least 3 years of experience as Helpdesk/ServiceDesk Manager (managing a team of 10+ people) and at least 5 years in the industry.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Strong customer service skills and a desire to take ownership of what you do
- Understanding of all relevant industry standards.
- Understanding of best practices for service management.
- Advanced level of security awareness and experience with maintaining related tooling (end-point agents, user disk encryption, personal firewalls).
The role is hybrid and will require time in our client’s Hertfordshire support centre and remotely working from home.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.