Join a disruptive startup!
In this role, you will be involved in product development and you’ll be ensuring quality and security engineering practices. Moreover, being in a leadership position, you will actively contribute to improving the performance of the team.
You will be a self-starter, quick learner and someone who likes challenges. You will be a team player that is able to be part of and mentor a team who demonstrates a real passion for pushing web software to the limit.
- Creating and enhancing client UIs and supporting API services to implement user stories
- Owning the entire product development process
- Providing accurate feedback in the product development process
- Contributing code changes to our core platform as part of an agile development team
- Adhering to company software standards
- Active participation in the company’s agile processes
- Automated integration and unit testing
- Software delivery via a continuous delivery pipeline in a devOps orientated environment
- Adhering to company security standards
- Reporting on the progress within the team
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Strong Full stack experience with NodeJS.
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs built with node.js and ExpressJS, deployed as microservices
- Knowledge of Design Patterns & anti-patterns.
- Writing tests using Mocha/Jasmine/Jest.
- Genuine enthusiasm for coding and the development process.
- Agile / Scrum in a commercial environment.
- Source code control
The concepts and tools are all new, so you must be able to grasp new concepts quickly and work with software, for which reading source code and Internet investigation is the norm rather than being able simply to read books and go on courses.
Good interpersonal skills are required to build relationships and trust with open source development communities, in order to find answers to problems and gain support, which has to be reciprocal.
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options combined with a very flexible working environment which includes flexible hours and home working 2 days per week in a brand new state of the office. You are also encouraged to come up with and develop your own ideas and every other Monday is “Innovation Day” where you can work on your own ideas and projects.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.