Work for an innovative and dynamic product and services company.
We are looking for a full stack developer to produce scalable software solutions within a high performance development team.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team responsible for the design of new products with a focus on the development life cycle, right through from conception to deployment.
· Design client-side and server-side architecture
· Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
· Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
· Write effective APIs
· Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
· Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
· Create security and data protection settings
· Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
· Write technical documentation
· Work with Engineering and Capability Delivery to improve software
· Work from the client’s South West based office, but with some on site engagements in UK and abroad
Skills and experience required
· Proven experience as a full stack developer, Back End Developer or similar role
· Experience of being part of a development team
· Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
· Familiarity with common stacks – specific experience of the TICK stack
· In depth knowledge and experience of in Node.js
· Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
· Experience with cloud provisioning APIs
· Experience working with DevOps tools (e.g. Azure DevOps)
· Knowledge of code versioning tools such as GitHub and GitLab
· Experience of container orchestration (Kubernetes & Docker are ideal)
· Great attention to detail
· Organisational skills
· An analytical, inquisitive mind
The successful applicant should also be
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Take pride in producing and maintaining work to a high standard
· Be a creative thinker able to recognise and solve problems by thinking outside the box
· Willingness to adopt new techniques and technologies and stay up to date with industry best practices
· Understanding of Agile methodologies
· Minimum of three years’ recent experience with all of the skills above.
As well as a competitive salary, you can expect
· Free parking and Electric car charging (coming soon)
· Flexible working hours and home working options
· On-going training
· Yearly Experimentation Festival and Expedition opportunities
· Perks: yearly personal growth fund, access to Perkbox
· Modern up to date tech
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.