Join a high performing engineering team!
We require full stack developers eager to use the best available tech to deliver highly available, population-scale services.
You will be joining a team that embraces and fosters agile development approaches and DevOps culture. This organisation works hard to develop an open trusting environment where engineers are empowered to initiate change and improve processes.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer you will work within a cross-functional, agile team to develop the challenging new features of a personal data platform. Building on the existing capabilities of secure and resilient platform APIs, you’ll develop innovative new features, and the supporting APIs that they require. You’ll be quick to understand new features and technologies, and constantly challenge the rest of the team to deliver better products for users. Typical activities would include:
- Create and enhance rich client UIs and supporting API services to implement user stories in a timely manner.
- Own the product development, story breakdown and coordination for complex features, providing accurate feedback of progress and issues.
- Use the Continuous Deployment Pipeline and other processes top ensure reliable deployment of change through to production environments.
- Frequently refactor product and test code to continuously improve code quality in low risk, tested increments
Skills and experience required.
- Confident in delivery of REST based APIs built with node.js and ExpressJS, deployed as microservices in a PaaS environment.
- TDD knowledge. Ability to write tests using Mocha/Jasmine/Jest.
- Thrives in fast paced, challenging working environment
- Collaborative working in cross functional teams
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Thorough expertise with secure coding practices in web environments.
- Diagnosing difficult problems in complex, distributed, high throughput systems
- Good understanding of the browser landscape including security practices.
- Previous experience working with cloud technologies desirable
All interviews, onboarding and working will be fully remote / home based although it would be an advantage although not essential if you are based in the South West region so you are able to attend the very occasional team meeting or social event.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.