A great opportunity with a fast-growing B2B ‘scale - up’ in Bristol
You will play a key role from the very beginning which offers great career progression scope including the opportunity to grow and build a team around you.
Are you a talented Front End Developer who is keen to go full stack and is looking for a greenfield software engineering environment that offers the opportunity to use the latest AWS, DevOps and Front End technologies and UI frameworks who wants to play a key role in shaping both the product and technical direction of the software team?
Then we have a great opportunity with a fast – growing B2B ‘scale – up’ based in Bristol working to provide data-driven insights to guide marketing and commercial decisions in some the world’s largest enterprise technology, telecommunications and energy companies. The business is based in Bristol and London, but they work globally with enterprise clients across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Alongside the Lead Developer, you will be working to bring both client projects and core engineering projects to fruition, whilst inputting into the final outcome of the look, feel, functionality and architecture of the product. You will be involved in the key decision making and execution around how we translate both internal research requirements into tools, as well as the development of the external platform to clients.
This role will help to shape the technology roadmap and help to bring the vision for their product to life. These products are highly visual data visualisations, so a flair for design and ability to translate complex data into beautiful, user-friendly products is essential.
With the support of the Lead Developer, you can transform your skills to become a skilled full stack developer, familiar with the newest technologies and implementations, which you will apply to advance product offering and technology capabilities.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, you must be a self – starter. We’re looking for someone who can work independently, learn what needs to be learned, and generally “get stuff done”. We expect you to take charge of your role and drive results. Our client are a small team and work collaboratively and openly to help each other succeed.
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of version control and development processes
Additional & Desirable Skills:
- Familiarity/comfortable with working on Linux
- Experience in working with component-based UI construction
- Experience with libraries such as Vue.js, React.js, etc (Vue.js for the frontend, and some of the components of Laravel and Symfony used for the backend)
- CI/CD (experience with GitLab would be ideal)
- Experience in data visualisation
- Experience in working with a product manager and translating user requirements into code
- Agile-based methods of delivery
- Collaborating with backend developers
- Understanding of containerisation/microservice development, using Docker / Kubernetes
This is a great opportunity to play a key role from the very beginning which offers great career progression scope including the opportunity to grow and build a team around you. Our client is based in the heart of Bristol city centre within easy walking distance of Bristol Temple Meads and also offer a flexible working environment including remote and home working options.