Want to help build the architecture function of a leading global fashion retailer?
We are looking for an experienced Domain Architect to join a global fashion retail company.
As a Domain Architect, you will be responsible for the technology architecture in your assigned domain space. You will ensure the long-term health of the area through creating roadmaps, standards, and future state architectures. You will also create high-level solution architectures for key projects and programmes.
In addition, you’ll be strategic and show strong leadership. You’ll contribute to the architecture function by providing subject matter expertise and guidance on best practices. You’ll also demonstrate an insightful awareness of the wider business and technology context.
Day to day, your work as a Domain Architect will include
Strategy, Governance and Planning.
- Overseeing and line managing solution architects working in the domain
- Taking an active approach to managing your assigned domain space, regularly engaging business leaders together with the relevant IT Programme managers, triaging new business technology demand, maintaining domain technology roadmaps, and conducting assessments to ensure the health of the architecture.
- Engaging with incumbent and potential technology vendors and suppliers to identify opportunities or risks in the domain
- Keeping abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the solution architectures are kept in line with industry standards and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Supporting Enterprise Architects and other Domain Architects to develop and communicate IT strategy and technology plans
- Contribute to the architecture community through continual development of artefacts, methodologies and processes, and identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies
- Engaging with business leaders in understanding their requirements, scoping, discovering and defining solutions, explaining business benefits and use cases and a roadmap to meet their goals
- Working with Project Managers, Business Analysts and business stakeholders to initiate projects that develop appropriate technology solutions to solve business problems, including providing technical feasibility assessments, option recommendations and non-functional requirements.
- Creating solution architectures that align to the IT principles, standards and roadmap, ensuring any deviations are agreed upon with the Architecture Design Authority board
- Creating all required design documentation artefacts including high-level system impact assessments, as-is/to-be blueprints, and solution concept diagrams
- Creating system solution options matrices with recommendations for option selection to enable effective decision making (often at steering group/director level)
- Accountable for the viability of proposed solutions and responsible for providing direction, advice and guidance on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project
- Acting as the guardian of the solution, governing scope and integrity to ensure that the solutions delivered align to the solution architecture, and managing and resolving any design issues as they arise
- Responsible for communicating the solution and implications to project members and approvers outside
- Active involvement in vendor selection processes and management throughout the project lifecycle
- A degree in an IT or related business topic (desirable)
- Experience in IT preferably as a solution architect or solution designer on major programmes of work
- Significant experience of designing solutions that operate on the core technologies in use e.g. Oracle Retail (ERP), Hybris (E-commerce)
- Proven ability to deliver flexible, reliable, supportable, cost-effective (packaged and bespoke) IT solutions, including integration to legacy systems
- Demonstrable experience in IT Industry standards, services, design, architecture principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
- Good experience of IT Architecture (and underlying frameworks such as TOGAF and SOA) including the development (and ensuring adherence to) Architecture principles and standards
- Proficiency in methods and techniques for structured reviews, including reviews of non-functional requirements, technical documents, test plans, business cases and other key deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with business stakeholders to establish requirements and manage expectations in non-technical language
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.