Drive forward improvements in security posture and work on new tech!
Join a world-class organisation full of ambitious and talented people to create great digital solutions and services.
Our client also provides flexible working; focussing on delivery rather than just hours worked.
Our client has grown a new Cloud Ops and Developer Enablement (CODE) team and are now looking for an enthusiastic and experienced DevSecOps Engineer to drive forward improvements in our security posture by integrating “security by design” into the full software development, release and hosting process.
Day to day, you will;
- Ensure the product environments are secure.
- Own the Security Incident Management process together with our DevOps lead and ensure best practice and tooling are in place.
- Implement SAST, DAST and SCA testing using tools like StackHawk, Snyk, Codescan, Codacy or Veracode
- Build security into the entire software lifecycle and champion it with engineering, product, and the wider business.
- Work with CI/CD pipelines and tools to automate and “shift left” security.
- Ensure cloud and cybersecurity compliance, gap analysis, threat modelling, vulnerability scanning and remediation
- AWS cloud design and infrastructure as code based deployment experience – Terraform, Ansible
- Threat modelling based on industry standard frameworks – OWASP, NIST, CIS
Skills and experience required.
You will be someone who;
- Has a background in cloud security
- Can demonstrate AWS security knowledge to a level required by the AWS Security Specialty certification
- Understands tenets of application security, secure code architecture and development practices
- Has used a major CI tool such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, TeamCity etc.
- Has experience using Terraform, Ansible or equivalent IAC/CAC tools
- Has experience in Devops and Site Reliability Engineering principles– CI/CD pipelines, monitoring and alerting, containers, automation etc.
- Is collaborative and can see the bigger picture at a systems level as well as the detail
- Is comfortable is a fast paced, ever changing and improving development environment
- Relentlessly pursues and supports improvement and enablement in themselves, their team and their systems
It would be great if you
- Have AWS certifications under their belt, including the AWS Security Specialty
- Have CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCP IA, or similar certifications
- Have experience around ISO27001 certification
- Have a working knowledge of Typescript and MongoDB
Our client offers;
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements (home working and flexible hours)
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days’ holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided and 100% remote working will also be considered although if you can spend 1-2 days per month in the office that would be an advantage.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.