Use your DevOps skills and take Software Engineering to the next level.
Ready to use your DevOps skills and take Software Engineering to the next level? Be part of a project to move to a Cloud-Native platform.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps manager to increase the speed of deployment and automate the processes of developing, testing and releasing software, allowing for continuous delivery in On-Prem and Cloud based systems. Combining both technical and operational aspects, this DevOps manager role is suited to someone looking to lead the way and to drive optimisations and improvements across multiple products.
Building and maintaining shared platforms, the DevOps manager will support individual build pipelines across multiple software projects as well as support exciting operational and professional services teams to deploy and manage application in production environments.
As a DevOps Manager, you will be leading and managing a dedicated and excellent team of DevOps engineers to fulfil the above.
As a DevOps Manager you will be responsible for
- Building and maintaining platforms to support the engineering functions
- Supporting DevOps solutions to teams via Jenkins, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, AWS CodeBuild, etc.
- Maintaining deployment environments for Dev, QA, Support, PS, and Sales & Marketing teams
- Automating and improving development and release processes
- Handling Requests for additional platforms/resources
- Supporting teams with repository and user access requests.
- Monitoring and maintaining uptime, ensuring environments are available when needed
- Supporting deployment packages on internal and public facing repositories, e.g., Artifactory
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
Skills and experience required.
As a DevOps Manager, you should have the following experience/education
- Degree level award in a technical or STEM field
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills
- Experience of DevOps and Agile principles
- Commensurate industry experience
- Extensive experience leading teams to build reliable platforms, scalable applications in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in line management
- The management and technical skills necessary to manage a team of DevOps Engineers.
- Demonstrated technical leadership / mentoring skills
- Experienced in the management of external resources and programs
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent work ethic, initiative, self-motivated
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent qualification
- Experience working on a Cloud platform and supporting an engineering organization for a cloud based solution.
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.