Join a world class engineering team!
Are you looking for a new role where you can work on new tech whilst working and growing in a world-class engineering team?
You’ll work with all aspects of IT and Cloud infrastructure in the company and support software developers to ensure they have the tools they need to do their job. You will also liaise with the software test team to implement Continuous Integration and Delivery tools.
You will be constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance, scalability, resilience and security
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing and supporting the software development tool stack from top to bottom in consultation with the development and testing teams
- Automating the build, test, packaging and deploy pipeline using existing tools or writing your own
- Deploying software to dev, staging and production clouds
- Designing, implementing and supporting internal software stacks such as monitoring and logging software
- Infrastructure and system administration tasks on dedicated and cloud including deployment, configuration management, patching and maintenance
About You & your skills:
Ideally educated to Degree level or with demonstrable commercial experience in an IT or software development environment you will have some skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Strong fundamental computing skills, including familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting languages (bash, python, groovy, kotlin)
- Modern distributed architectures and cloud infrastructure.
- Network and web application security.
- Distributed Version Control in a commercial environment (Git / Mercurial).
- Agile software development processes.
Familiarity with some of the following skills will be beneficial, although training and mentoring will be provided:
- Virtualised cloud hosting (VMWare vSphere, OpenStack)
- Cloud technologies – AWS, Lambda, S3, serverless environments
- Configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Containerisation (Docker)
- Orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure As Code (IaC) – terraform
- Build and Test Automation tools (Jenkins)
Key Rewards Include:
- Competitive salary
- Based in the centre of Bath close to train station
- Flexible working arrangements (home working and flexible hours)
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days’ holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
If you would like more information about our DevOps Engineer role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.