Join a well-known charity!
Automate and strengthen our client's ability to deploy code and other work across various development, testing, and production environments. In addition to designing new solutions, this role will be responsible for the planning, documentation, and training for the implementation and ongoing use of the new infrastructure.
An experienced DevOps Engineer is required to assist a leading Charity / Not for Profit organisation that makes a real difference to people’s lives to help them re-engineer their web development pipeline and environments. This role will have access to the current development environments, developers, and digital projects being worked on with the remit to improve and streamline the infrastructure and toolsets.
The main products developed by the team are Drupal websites and they are seeking to automate and strengthen their ability to deploy code and other work across various development, testing, and production environments. They are looking to build a robust solution that will meet our current needs as well as the anticipated needs that are being planned to occur over the next few years. Some of the major elements in the scope of this engagement are:
- New CI/CD infrastructure
- Testing automation
- Encryption and security (including PCI-DSS) by design
- 24/7/365 monitoring
- Global CDN coverage
In addition to designing new solutions, this role will be responsible for the planning, documentation, and training for the implementation and ongoing use of the new infrastructure.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with all members of the development team (Devs, QA, UX, PM, Management) to improve our tools, technology stack, and application performance and stability
- Establish, design, perform and execute a comprehensive technology stack overhaul for digital product delivery
- Transform the current Vagrant/VM code development approach to a docker based solution
- Construct and execute network, server, and application status monitoring solutions
- Integrate DDoS protection layers and CDN solutions into a comprehensive development and deployment solution
- Integrate automated testing solutions into our CI/CD pipeline
- Be consulted on new digital product requirements
- Help create and maintain documentation for development, testing, deployment, and training
- Positively contribute to team objectives
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience with multiple web hosting environments and providers: AWS, Azure, Amazee.io, platform.sh, Acquia, etc.
- Proficient with multiple CI/CD packages and configurations (such as Jenkins, Travis, TeamCity, etc.)
- Experience installing and configuring automated testing tools (such as Selenium, cucumber, behat, etc.)
- Proficiency in deploying and maintaining Drupal web applications
- Proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes
- Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Version control with git
- Knowledge of test driven development
- Knowledge of behaviour driven development
- Slack integrations
- Salesforce integrations
- Shell scripting and command line tools (including Drush)
This is an initial 3-month rolling contract based in central London and we require either immediate starters or availability within 1-2 weeks.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.