A leading entertainment company is hiring.
This is a long-term rolling contract role.
An experienced DevOps Engineer is required to play a lead role as part to build out a new Continuous Delivery Capability as part of a large digital transformation programme. You will be responsible for building out cloud type delivery services on-premise using software-defined datacentres and introduce infrastructure as code (IaC). Your role will be to help research and investigate the most appropriate DevOps tools and processes and then implement them and help to improve all elements of the production and development environment.
You will be a confident and experienced DevOps Specialist who is able to provide guidance in shaping the strategy and technology selection with the hands-on capability to then implement these. Ideally, you will have experience of both on-premise and cloud-based solutions.
Your experience should cover many of the following areas:
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Configuration As Code (TravisCI/Jenkins file or similar)
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Azure Resource Manager/Terraform)
- Hashicorp tools
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) & Windows Server (2008 and above)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualisation (VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V)
- Virtual Machine Tooling (Vagrant, Packer)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
This is a long-term rolling contract role and is based within an easy commuting distance of Berkshire, North Hampshire, Surrey, Reading, Newbury, Fleet, Hook, Farnborough, Basingstoke, Southampton and Winchester.