A FTSE 250 company is looking for an exceptional specialist.
Join their growing tech team to be part of their ongoing digital and IT transformation programme (AWS).
Based in Surrey, with close rail links to West Sussex and South London, this leading well-known employer are looking for a perm DevOps Engineer to join their growing tech team to be part of their ongoing digital and IT transformation programme (AWS).
- Providing subject matter expertise for Puppet and Docker, including supporting the software and writing / reviewing modules
- Management of on-demand cloud environments
- Implementing application and database releases in multiple environments, including production (out of hours work sometimes required)
- Working closely with development and operations colleagues
- Continuous improvement of automation and self-service features
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience working in DevOps (JIRA/Kanban/Continuous delivery)
- Experience working with cloud platforms e.g. AWS
- Considerable experience working with Puppet or equivalent configuration management tool (eg. Ansible, Chef)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Source control (git)
- Tenacious problem-solving abilities
- Advanced Linux Administration knowledge
Further details: Their stack is mainly Linux and Java/Oracle apps hosted in private data centres and public clouds (AWS) and they use Puppet for configuration management and Spring-boot and NoSQL.