A dynamic product and services company requires an experienced DevOps engineer.
You will work within a small cross-functional development team delivering innovative and engaging web solutions within the security and defence sectors.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help with the design and creation of containerised platforms for applications and containerised environments to test and run them in.
As a Devops Engineer, you should be comfortable with agile processes, the CI/CD cycle and proficient with UNIX scripting. You will also have an understanding of system administration challenges.
You will be
- Designing and creating ways to deploy and update our containerised applications
- Creating environments to demonstrate and test our applications
- Work with the development team to improve CI/CD pipelines in the cloud
- Perform root cause analysis for application/system/platform build errors
- Investigating and resolving technical issues
- Deploying updates and fixes
- Providing Level 2 technical support
- Design procedures for building troubleshooting and maintenance
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Take pride in producing and maintaining work to a high standard
- Be a creative thinker able to recognise and solve problems by thinking outside the box
- Willingness to adopt new techniques and technologies and stay up to date with industry best practices
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
Can you tick off most of these?
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Strong experience with containerisation including Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficient in UNIX scripting, with exposure to programming languages
- Proficient in git
- Strong experience in Linux
- Ability to quickly pick up and understand new technology
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- An analytical, inquisitive mind
- Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant work experience
Not only can you expect a full and generous benefits package, but our client also has a working and business culture that can’t be matched. On offer is a fun, flexible, and friendly environment – a recipe for a happy crew motivated to make the business a success. Colleagues are inquisitive and innovative thinkers who are tech and process-driven. Tech is at the core of the company; tech is loved, built, and used.
- Flexible working hours and home working options (the role can based fully remotely anywhere in UK but you will need to be prepared to spend the odd day in the Bristol office for company events)
- 24 Days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- On-going training where required
- Perks: access to Perkbox
- Competitive salary
- Modern up to date tech (phones, laptop etc)
One last thing….please note!
Due to the nature of the products you will be working with, all applicants must be entitled to work in the UK and have been a resident in the UK for 5 years or longer. You must be willing to undergo security vetting.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.