Use next-gen technology to provide progressive IT solutions.
Are you an aspiring or established DevOps Engineer who is has the drive to provide first class cloud solutions as part of an exciting new startup?
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a growing Cloud Consulting start-up providing IT solutions, Cloud and DevOps consultancy to customers. Our client has a deep customer focus, and prides itself on working in close collaboration with their customers to deliver a solution which meets their needs and ensures they thrive!
Reporting directly to the Lead DevOps Engineer, you will join a team of talented DevOps Engineers working on projects across multiple Cloud Providers and industry verticals. Day to day, you will design secure, reliable and scalable software architecture and infrastructure.
You should have a deep passion for delivering value to customers by automating manual tasks, monitoring systems and environments as well as building tools that make it easier to run and maintain infrastructure and services.
Our client relies upon the following tools, technologies and services;
- AWS and GCP runs the majority of the infrastructure
- Golang to write code, including infrastructure tooling and backend services
- React to develop intuitive user interfaces to help manage our infrastructure better
- Docker and Kubernetes to orchestrate and run services for our customers
- Datadog/Prometheus/Grafana to monitor and alert on infrastructure problems
Skills and experience required.
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a similar hands-on support or engineering role
- Strong experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools such as DataDog, Prometheus/Grafana or similar
- Developed practical knowledge of AWS/GCP and the services they offer (Professional Certification is a bonus!)
- Experience and knowledge of container technologies and orchestration (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Development experience in Golang and NodeJS
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and software development
- Strong Linux Systems Administration skills (preferably with CentOS/RedHat
- Self-starter, quick learner and likes challenges.
- Team player with a constructive attitude to challenge but buys into the commitment when the team makes a decision.
- Great problem-solving skills, copes with uncertainty and risk
- A drive to test and tune performance across systems, understanding the interplay between various systems.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, able to handle stress well.
- Genuine enthusiasm for operations and development processes.
- Willingness and desire to succeed and go over and above what is expected
Don’t worry if you don’t tick all of the boxes – we are looking for someone that has some of the required experience, but we are also happy to consider Linux Systems Administrators or Developers who are looking to build a career in DevOps and who are keen to learn!
You can expect;
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Personal Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Discretionary Bonus
- Professional Training and Certification opportunities
Since launch the team have all worked fully remotely and are happy to consider candidates who want to continue working fully remotely long term. However, it would be ideal if you lived within a reasonable distance of Bristol and were able to spend a few days a month in the office or more if you wish to.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances