Join a growing data consulting organisation!
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who will be responsible for creating a variety of statistical models, database manipulation, in-depth analysis and presenting findings to clients.
We are looking for a passionate data scientist to join a data organisation that is enjoying its best financial performance over the last 12 months. This is a great opportunity for an individual to join a growing team of a highly regarded consultancy going through a period of sustained growth.
As a data scientist, your responsibilities will include
To deliver a wide range of interesting and challenging projects, covering areas such as leakage estimation, strategy, and analysis; night-use analysis; demand forecasting; water conservation and smart metering.
- Ensure that the company values are advocated during all project work, collaborating effectively with the project team and the wider company.
- Demonstrate a wide understanding of the domain to perform analyses effectively in each of the project areas.
- Play a key role in the project team, offering help and suggestions to solve problems.
- Understand how best to challenge leaders’ decisions, presenting all relevant information to find a solution.
- Accept and implement team decisions and take responsibility for your outputs.
Planning and organising project set up, data requests, and use of appropriate business project planning tools.
- Utilise business and project systems such as 10,000ft, SharePoint, Slack, Gitlab and the shared server (e.g. T: Drive) effectively.
- Manage your own time and highlight any conflicts quickly and efficiently.
Performing data analysis and application of data management and statistical techniques required for project delivery using a combination of data manipulation, exploratory analysis, programming, modelling, and understanding of the outputs and implications.
- Demonstrate an application of the core data science skills, whilst gaining more experience and expertise in at least one data science technical area which is useful for the business.
- Contribute to project outputs, developing your own ideas for how best to achieve this.
Provision of innovative services to aid in research and the development of specialist data services.
- Continual development and demonstrating self-learning, highlighting your technical area.
Presentation of results to clients in an engaging, clear, and concise way to help our clients understand the work we have provided.
- Use the appropriate template, style, and language in the production of all project outputs.
- Understand the target audience to provide clear and concise content to assist the project managers with the delivery of the results.
- Develop your own ideas for outputs and challenge the norm.
As a Data Scientist, it would be great if you had
- A degree with a mathematical, scientific, data science or engineering background is necessary with a Masters or PhD being highly desirable;e
- At least 2 years’ commercial experience of working in a lively data science or analytics environment.
- Experience and/or formal training in statistics.
- Experience in using machine learning, visualisation tools for data analysis, mathematical modelling.
- Experience in using R in the workplace for data analysis and statistical modelling.
- You will be confident and proactive, and able to work as part of a team to deliver challenging project objectives.
- Experience in technical report writing and verbally communicating results.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Fully remote working or hybrid working from South West office
- Flexible working around core hours
- Wellbeing Wednesdays with 2pm finish
- Enhanced maternity ( 6 months full pay) & enhanced paternity leave
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Performance related bonus
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.