Join an ambitious and growing organisation!
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who will be responsible for creating a variety of statistical models, database manipulation, in-depth analysis and presenting findings to clients. You will tackle the significant challenges our clients face alongside the passionate and honest team.
In the role of Data Scientist, you will take on a variety of tasks, including;
- Ensuring that the company values are advocated during all project work, collaborating effectively with the project team and the wider company.
- Demonstrate a wide understanding of the domain to perform analyses effectively in each of the project areas.
- Play a key role in the project team, offering help and suggestions to solve problems.
- Understand how best to challenge leaders’ decisions, presenting all relevant information to find a solution.
- Accept and implement team decisions and take responsibility for your outputs
You will plan and organise project set up, hanle data requests through the use of appropriate business project planning tools. In so doing, you will;
- Utilise business and project systems such as 10,000ft, SharePoint, Slack, Gitlab and the shared server (e.g. T: Drive) effectively.
- Manage your own time and highlight any conflicts quickly and efficiently
You will perform data analysis and apply data management and statistical techniques required for project delivery using a combination of data manipulation, exploratory analysis, programming, modelling, and understanding of the outputs and implications.
- Apply the full company data science process in all projects, ensuring a good understanding of all areas.
- Demonstrate an application of the core data science skills, whilst gaining more experience and expertise in at least one data science technical area which is useful for the business.
- Contribute to project outputs, developing your own ideas for how best to achieve this.
As a Data Scientist, you will present results to clients in an engaging, clear, and concise way to help them understand the work provided.
- Use the appropriate template, style, and language in the production of all project outputs.
- Understand the target audience to provide clear and concise content to assist the project managers with the delivery of the results.
- Develop your own ideas for outputs and challenge the norm.
Skills and experience required.
You should have;
- A degree within the STEM field.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a lively analytics environment.
- Experience and/or formal training in statistics.
- Experience of using machine learning, visualisation tools for data analysis, mathematical modelling.
- Experience of using R in the workplace for data analysis and statistical modelling.
- You will be confident and proactive, and able to work as part of a team to deliver challenging project objectives.
- Experience of technical report writing and verbally communicating results.
- Right to work in the UK.
This role would normally be office-based however the team has been working successfully with working mainly from home since March 2020, due to coronavirus restrictions. As a result, our long-term working arrangements are under review and there will be greater opportunity for remote working.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.