Work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs!
We’re looking for a Data Operations Analyst to join a small but ambitious team that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today!
The Bizops/SaaS team is charged with leading on a number of new business ideas (including the latest venture: ‘SaaS-ing’ some of our proprietary technology) as well as overseeing a suite of analytical projects & workstreams (‘Bizops’).
Working very closely with the Operations and Product/Engineering teams, you will utilise operational efficiency and the use of technology to challenge the fundamentals of financial services – in particular, how technology, new ways of thinking and unit-driven analytics can be combined to rethink and redesign key infrastructure.
The role will be deeply analytical – playing in the weeds of data and commercial analysis every day.
Being a varied role, there’s lots of scope to get involved with marketing, policy/lobbying, preparing content & collateral for new product releases, working with partner firms on technology implementation and business redesign etc.
It’s a broad and varied role, one definitely suited to somebody keen to learn a lot very quickly, but in an environment that rewards creativity and experimentation. Every day will be different – that’s 100% for certain. This is a great opportunity to join a team at the start of a few very exciting journeys.
The role will of course involve a lot of data handling and modelling, and although prior knowledge of the industry (financial services in general, custody & trading, SaaS models etc.) would be great to have, this isn’t essential – there is a well-established onboarding & training framework to get you up-to-speed quickly. Really, we’re looking for an individual that’s excited about using data, analytics, technology and new ways of thinking to drive change in financial services.
Some skills and experiences that would be beneficial for a Data Operations Analyst:
- Experience with modelling (financial/commercial/cost/big data etc.)
- An interest in unit economics
- Experience with using REST APIs
- Experience with writing code – Python and/or JS are the main ones we use
- Understanding of client money, asset custody, dealing & trading, transfers, corporate actions etc. (even if just bits and pieces of a few of these)
- Experience preparing written content and/or presentations for sales/marketing/external communications
- Experience with project management/technology implementations/technology consulting
- An interest in policy/regulation and the roles that technology & new ways of thinking play in driving change and altering behaviours in financial services
Culture and Benefits.
This company were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City. Furthermore, 78% of people who worked here selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend as a place to work.
Some of this is down to the generous benefits, including:
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. Our client encourages everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and a massive quest for openness and transparency in how the organisation works and share from the Board all the way down
- A Beautiful office that is a stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station.
The recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.