UK’s leading fintech and payment platform providers is hiring.
Become part of a team responsible for the day to day operations of the Analytics product portfolio, building automatic systems to support the monitoring and operation of their services.
One of the UK’s leading fintech and payment platform providers require an experienced Data Science Engineer to join a fast-growing startup Data Science team. Our client processes a huge number of transactions and these systems generate incredibly rich data about economic behaviour of almost all the people and business in Britain. This new team is dedicated to understanding this data; crafting products to help their clients understand the British economy and helping their clients gain an understanding of the behaviour that drives their business.
The team builds products and services powered by payments data. By combining data science technique with an intimate knowledge of payments data they develop solutions that will improve outcomes for people, businesses and economies. Headquartered in The City of London, and operating globally, they craft bespoke algorithms that help their clients gain an understanding of the behaviour that drives their business.
As a Data Science Operations Senior Analyst, you will be part of a team responsible for the day to day operations of the Analytics product portfolio, building automatic systems to support the monitoring and operation of their services. You will work with a wider team of analysts, data scientists and technologists, designing systems alongside these teams that ensure the efficacy and efficiency of products.
- Build automatic monitoring tools for complex, data science-based microservice deployments. Ensure that our models are continuing to detect fraud and money laundering as they should, predict the future capably, and generate the right economic insights
- Working with our Data Scientists collect data and train models to enhance our service’s accuracy and reduce unnecessary alerts
- Working with our Engineers, seek to develop a self-healing and resilient set of microservices, promoting good operational principles during our research, design, and development phases
- Engage with legacy and future technology stacks, in the UK and internationally
- Develop Incident Management processes, automating as much as possible and integrating with ticketing systems
- Communicate with both internal stakeholders and collaborators, as well as with technical and business functions within Analytics’ clients.
All About You
Your passion is in building robust, smooth running services to solve real, pressing problems in the financial services sector. You enjoy working in a team and have an interest in data science and how advanced algorithms may be deployed as product offerings.
You are excited by new technology and new approaches to development and are keen to promote their use in an enterprise setting. You are detail-oriented and don’t mind getting your head down writing or reviewing code. You are happy to be on-call, though you aim to contribute to Analytics’ software in such a way as to limit or even remove the need for anyone to be on-call.
- You have demonstrable experience in software development, data science, devops, operations or a related discipline. Alternatively, a strong academic background (PhD or Masters level) combined with strong technical skills will be considered.
- You are comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders, including subject matter experts, data scientists, software engineers and enterprise devops and security professionals
- You are a confident software developer, and can write (or are happy to learn) Python and Go
- You have a firm grasp of traditional data warehousing, can write SQL, and can optimise the use of a large relational database
- You have experience with, and are interested in, contemporary approaches to service design, including the use of containers and container orchestration technologies, streaming data platforms, APIs and in-memory/NoSQL stores.
- Knowledge of DevOps / Containerisation technologies is highly desirable – Kubernetes, Docker
Our client value communication and collaboration and believe that producing research and product prototypes relies on an open and creative culture. On offer is also a comprehensive and extensive benefits package that also includes both personal and company bonus scheme, private medical, season ticket loans and much more.