Join a fast-growing startup Data Science team.
Analyse incredibly rich data about the economic behaviour of almost all the people and business in Britain.
One of the UK’s leading fintech and payment platform providers require an experienced Data Application Developer / Data Engineer to join a fast-growing startup Data Science team. Our client processes a huge number of transactions and these systems generate incredibly rich data about economic behaviour of almost all the people and business in Britain. This new team is dedicated to understanding this data; crafting products to help their clients understand the British economy and helping their clients gain an understanding of the behaviour that drives their business.
Headquartered in The City of London, our client work with banks, government agencies, and commercial organisations to improve understanding, forecasting, and decision making. The Data Science Group is responsible for early-stage research and prototype design, delivering clear proof of concept projects and beta-level products. They are composed of data-science researchers, analysts, and domain experts, working closely with the Product Development and Operations teams. To help them realise these Proofs of Concept and beta-products they are hiring this exciting new role within the team.
- Design and build of software products in Python, Go & SQL to deliver data science outputs to clients.
- Provide the team with the capability to develop data science-driven products from conception through to deployment
- Contribute to Proof of Concept and prototyping activities performed by the wider Data Science Group.
Track and disseminate technological developments in the data science space
- Contribute to the architectural design of the Analytics portfolio
- Develop and sharpen Analytics’ and product design and build process.
All About You:
First and foremost you enjoy building products to solve real, pressing problems for your clients. You enjoy working in a team, and have an interest in data science and how advanced algorithms may be deployed as product offerings.
You are excited by new technology and new approaches to development, and are keen to promote their use in an enterprise setting. You are detail oriented and enjoy writing and reviewing code.
- Demonstrable ability to write Python and SQL in a production context. You are happy to learn new programming languages and frameworks as necessary
- You have a firm grasp of traditional data warehousing, can write SQL, and can optimise the use of a large relational database
- You have experience with, and are interested in, contemporary approaches to service design, including the use of containers and container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc…), streaming data platforms (Apache Kafka), APIs and in-memory/NoSQL stores
- You are comfortable working in an agile software development workflow, including sprint planning, testing, and continuous integration. You are also happy to be evolve along with the Analytics development processes, and contribute to its development
- You are comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders, including subject matter experts, data scientists, software engineers and enterprise devops and security professionals
- Ability to engage with best practices for code review, version control, and change control, balancing the need for a quality codebase with the unique and particular demands of early-stage product research.
This is a great opportunity for experienced Data Engineers to work on the next generation of Data Science products including neural networks and machine learning products working with one of the most valuable data sets available in the UK. You will also work on performance systems deploying microservices within a very high-secure environment.
Our client value communication and collaboration and believe that producing research and product prototypes relies on an open and creative culture. They work normal office hours because they believe that family and work-life balance is important. On offer is also a comprehensive and extensive benefits package that also includes both personal and company bonus scheme, private medical, season ticket loans and much more.