Make your mark in a new team at a scaling Fintech!
Are you a talented and experienced Data Engineer wishing to help breathe new life into financial services?
We are looking for a solid Data Engineer to join our client on its mission to revolutionise the financial services sector. Using innovative technology in a fast-paced environment, you’ll be building new greenfield end to end data solutions.
As Data Engineer, you will be
- Working in an agile t-shaped data team and with colleagues across all other teams
- Building and implementing a range of new developments and greenfield DWH solutions
- Hands-on in terms of development, testing, debugging, deployment and support
- Involved with specification and documentation
- Helping to develop and promote appropriate processes and best practice
- Supporting colleagues and promoting the best use of data and tools
We are looking for a Data Engineer with the following skills and experiences.
- Experienced with data, BI or analytics engineering and best practices
- Has expert knowledge of SQL
- Experienced with data modelling, data analytics and data visualisation
- Able to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions, with a desire to learn our business domain
- Experienced in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- A strong communicator with the ability to express new ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
- Organised and a strong team player
- A quick learner, able to pick up new skills and technologies easily and enjoys working on complex issues
- Experience or an interest in financial services, wealth management or stockbroking is beneficial but not required
- Experience with Redshift, dbt, and Looker is beneficial, although experience with any similar technology or products e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake, Tableau, PowerBI will be considered
- Knowledge of data streaming / kafka is also beneficial
On top of this, you’ll need boundless enthusiasm! You’ll be excited about working in a rapidly growing fintech that will throw you in at the deep end, and where your learning curve will be steep.
As well as all the usual stuff, such as 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays) and pension and life assurance policies, our client offers a host of other benefits. All designed to positively affect your mental as well as physical wellbeing, you can expect to receive the following
- Cycle to work scheme
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of a mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Our client has a strong commitment to continuous learning, and encourages everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things – professional or otherwise! It provides free access to over 10, 000 online learning courses via Udemy. So whether you want o use these to develop your professional skills or for something more relaxing, the choice is yours!
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments)
Working from a beautiful city centre office in the South West, our client offers a genuinely flexible hybrid working environment. It recommends 1-2 days per week/fortnight in the office – more if you prefer. There is a genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure, and a massive quest for openness and transparency from the board all the way down. The culture is truly inclusive, where the quest for diversity intentional and a top-level objective.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.