A passionate Data Engineer is required to join a new and innovative start up disrupting its industry.
Our client is looking for an ambitious and talented Data Engineer to join them as they make strides on their exciting journey. This is an excellent opportunity for progression with a clear path into a Head of Data role.
Through the lifecycle management of data, you will help the business deliver a better customer experience, reduce re-work and costs to make more informed decisions. You will also work alongside a Junior Data Scientist who will help design the data management i.e., collection, management, stored, and most importantly help to decide how used.
As a Data Engineer, you will work across Data Architecture and Technology:
- Help the technology team to design a data architecture fit for the future including storage needs, to enable different types of ingestions, transformation, and analytics
- Drive the cloud-based design with a specialist 3rd party in AWS
- Investigate and understand trends in open-source data technology developments such as Apache projects, and its applicability in the bank.
- Design the adequate environments for analytics, business intelligence and in the long-term modelling
- Drive the design base on adequate data governance, management, metadata best practices within a regulated environment
- Assisting in the further development on leading analytics and information management
- Support, challenge and continually evolve the data strategy whilst defining the technical architecture alongside the team and 3rd party to meet the strategic priorities of the bank
- Develop the adequate risk and control matrix about data management and governance
- Support the technology team on User Acceptance Testing
- Support the Head of Technology on the extraction of reports from the main banking platforms
- Support the Head of Technology in the leadership of the Change Management sub-committee
To be considered for the role of Data Engineer, it is essential you have the following
- Some Banking experience and understanding ideally to include lending and deposits or regulatory frameworks and controls to deploy a cloud data stack
- Deep knowledge of AWS technologies to include certification as an AWS Solutions Architect as a minimum
- Experience of leading ETL and platform integration build teams
- A strong understanding of common data integration challenges within the banking industry, as well as the best practice technical approaches & solutions available through data integration, data warehouse and data lake technologies within a regulated environment
- Ability to lead by example, having worked as a technical build within a minimum of 3 large financial transformation programmes, at least one of which will also include a technical build lead
- Experience of how the technology solutions can enable the business transformation/ benefits case
- Practical Experience with solving analytical, data-driven decision and optimisation problems, developing, and deploying DS/AI capabilities in commercial lending contexts
- Demonstratable experience in cloud data technology, data engineering, business understanding, scrum roadmaps
It would be great if you had
- Curious, detail-oriented, results and customer-focused, highly motivated by complex analytical problems, and proficient in uncovering meaning and relevant opportunities from complex datasets
- Excellent problem solver, a data enthusiast, and passionate about realizing the full power of applied data analytics and intelligence in real complex, and commercial settings
- Ability to convey results clearly, collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders of various backgrounds
- Strong programming skills in Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, matplotlib)
- Understanding of MongoDB, Snowflake, and other data architecture services
- Knowledge of Python, R, Teras, Terraform, snowflake.
- Experience in working with other emerging technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, AI, IoT etc.)
The role offers strong career progression with a natural step into a Head of Data role and comes with a very generous benefits and bonus package.
The role will be based out of a new office in the heart of London City and interviews and onboarding can be conducted remotely but longer-term, whilst the role will continue to offer a high degree of remote and flexible working, ideally you will be able to spend some regular time in the office although this can be negotiated.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.