Be part of an award-winning fintech!
An award-winning financial tech company is looking for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join their growing team.
If you thrive in a highly collaborative environment and love delivering top-notch solutions, this could be your next home.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you’ll be safeguarding the operating platform and ensuring the safety of the stakeholders, IT infrastructure, information assets, and business operations.
You’ll be joining a team of 3 including another InfoSec Analyst who focuses more on GRC – so this role is essentially a singular role and supports over 350 users.
Reporting to the Head of Information Security, you’ll be working closely with key business players, DevOps, SOC, and our client’s trusted 3rd-party partners.
Together, your work will fortify our client’s cybersecurity infrastructure and ISO27001 ISMS to keep our commitment to clients and meet regulatory requirements.
Day to day your work will include:
- Managing, maintaining, and keeping an eagle eye on the cybersecurity setup to defend against threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Collaborating with the SOC to monitor and respond to various threats relevant to the business.
- Investigating and resolving security alerts and incidents, ensuring we follow the Incident Handling playbooks.
- Hardening and optimizing our tech stack in collaboration with DevOps and 3rd Party Vendors.
- Keeping our systems patched and secure across the technology stack.
- Operating and improving our ISMS, including managing information assets and implementing corrective actions.
You’ll be joining a business built within a Microsoft O365 and Azure environment – so a background in these technologies is essential.
Microsoft accreditations would be highly desirable along with Infosec accreditations.
Ideally, we’re looking for people with 2+ years experience in Cyber – and even better if you are from an infrastructure background.
You’ll be able to
- Navigate contemporary IT infrastructures with ease, whether they’re built on Microsoft or Open Source technologies.
- Know the ins and outs of Information Security, from deploying various technologies to practicing the best security techniques.
- Embrace responsibility and take ownership of developing and implementing Information Security solutions.
- Commit to continuous learning and personal development to stay on top of your game.
As our client’s cyber security engineer, it’s essential that you have
- Practical experience supporting and securing IT infrastructures using Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
- Familiarity with formal standards and Information Security Management Systems.
- A solid grasp of security principles and hands-on experience with security technologies like firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, AV, and more.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team skills and can collaborate effectively with colleagues and third-party providers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex topics to both techies and non-techies.
- A multitasker who can manage, prioritize, and deliver tasks under pressure
It would be great, but not essential if you held the following
- Information Security accreditations (e.g., SSCP, CISSP, CCSP, or ISO27001 Lead Implementer).
- Microsoft certifications (e.g., MCA, ASEA, MCSA, or MCSE).
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.