Join an award-winning financial technology company delivering the best wealth management platform in the industry.
Our client is undergoing a period of significant growth and need outstanding people to join the team. We are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to help secure the platform and protect the key stakeholders, IT infrastructure, information assets and business operations.
Reporting to the Information Security Manager, you will work across key business stakeholders, DevOPS, SOC, and 3rd party vendors to ensure a robust Cyber Security infrastructure is in place to meet our client commitments and regulatory obligations.
The job of Cyber Security Engineer involves
- Managing, operating, maintaining, and monitoring the Cyber Security infrastructure, to ensure all systems and processes are configured in line with best practice, fully operational, and highly effective at defending the operating platform against threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Working in conjunction with the SOC to ensure that use cases, monitoring, and alerting are appropriate and focused on detecting and addressing the full spectrum of threats, vulnerabilities, and risks, that are relevant to the business
- Ensuring that security alerts and incidents are investigated, escalated in line with the Incident Handling roadmap, and remediated. Ensuring that appropriate root cause analysis is undertaken and working with colleagues and partners to implement corrective and preventative actions
- Working with your colleagues in DevOps and 3rd Party Vendors to ensure that the technology stack is suitably hardened and provisioned in line with best practice
- Working with your colleagues in DevOps and 3rd Party Vendors to ensure that an effective program of vulnerability patching is operated across the technology stack
- Operating the core elements of the ISMS: maintain an information asset inventory, model/identify relevant threats, identify specific vulnerabilities in the operating platform, perform risk analysis, identify, propose, implement, and monitor the performance of corrective actions and controls
- Supporting the ongoing improvement of BCP/CDR
- Participating in the continuous review and improvement of the ISMS and Cyber Security Infrastructure
As a credible and experienced IT professional, you’ll be able to evidence your talent. Your experience should include
- supporting contemporary IT infrastructures built on contemporary Microsoft and Open Source technologies
- deploying and operating a range of Information Security technologies, techniques, and best practices to protect these platforms
Our client is looking for a team player, comfortable with accountability and owning their work. Your professional development will be your priority and you’ll have a natural curiosity that sustains a limitless pool of up-to-date knowledge.
To be our client’s next Cyber Security Engineer, you will
- Be able to demonstrate/describe practical experience in supporting, and securing IT Infrastructures, built on contemporary Microsoft and Open Source technologies
- Have practical experience in operating in line with formal standards and within an Information Security Management System.
- Have a great understanding of security principles and a good working knowledge of security technologies such as network and application firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, AV, Web/Email protection, DLP etc.
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and address risks, threats, alerts, and incidents.
- Be a team player who can effectively collaborate with team members and third-party providers.
- Be effective verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a technical and non-technical audience.
- Have an ability to manage, prioritise, organise, and deliver a variety of tasks to a high standard, and in line with specification and plan.
- Be able to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with incidents and at times of high demand.
Not essential but highly desirable, it would be even better if you had
- A recognised Information Security accreditation; SSCP, CISSP, CCSP, or ISO27001 Lead implementer
- A recognised Microsoft accreditation; MCA, ASEA, MCSA, or MCSE
Our client offers a range of benefits as special as they are.
Whether you value a true work life balance, financial security, professional development or all of these, our client has you covered.
On top of a competitive salary, a generous holiday allowance and a discretionary annual bonus, you can expect
- Working from home and flexible options available.
- Private Medical scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- 4 x salary life assurance.
- Tech Scheme (buy discounted electrical products and pay back monthly via Company payroll).
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Supported and encouraged professional development, including attending meet ups and conferences.
- Hack days.
- Regular social events.
- Flexible dress code in the office.
- Internal mentoring scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs.
- Various corporate gym membership rates.
- Charitable activities.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.