Join a market leading fintech!
Are you an experienced and hands-on IT Security Engineer / Cyber Security Engineer looking to work with the latest Cloud and Azure technologies?
Reporting to the Information Security Manager, as Cyber Security Engineer you will be responsible for helping to secure our client’s operating platform, protecting their key stakeholders, IT infrastructure, information, assets, and business operations.
Working with key business stakeholders, DevOps, SOC, and third-party providers, the Cyber Security Engineer will ensure that a robust and highly effective Cyber Security infrastructure protects the business and is in line with their commitment to clients and other regulatory obligations.
You’ll be busy! Day to day your new job will include
- Managing, operating, maintaining, and monitoring our Cyber Security infrastructure, to ensure all systems and processes are configured in line with best practice, fully operational, and highly effective at defending the operating platform against prevailing threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Working in conjunction with the SOC to ensure that use cases, monitoring, and alerting are appropriate and focussed on detecting and addressing the full spectrum of threats, vulnerabilities, and risks, that are relevant to our business.
- Ensuring that security alerts and incidents are investigated, escalated in line with the Incident Handling playbooks, and remediated. Ensuring that appropriate root cause analysis is undertaken and working with colleagues and partners to implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Working with colleagues in DevOps and third-party providers to ensure that our technology stack is suitably hardened and provisioned in line with best practice.
- Working with colleagues in DevOps and third-party providers to ensure that an effective program of vulnerability patching is operated across the technology stack.
- Operating the core elements of the ISMS: maintain an information asset inventory, model/identify relevant threats, identify specific vulnerabilities in the operating platform, perform risk analysis, identify, propose, implement, and monitor the performance of corrective actions and controls.
- Supporting the ongoing improvement of BCP/CDR.
- Participating in the continuous review and improvement of our ISMS and Cyber Security Infrastructure.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate first class technical skills. You will be able to anticipate cyber threats, as well as have the ability to address risks, threats, alerts, and incidents.
Day to day, this looks like
- Strong, practical hands-on experience in supporting, and securing IT Infrastructures, built on contemporary Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
- Practical experience in operating in line with formal standards and within an Information Security Management System.
- A great understanding of security principles and a good working knowledge of security technologies such as network and application firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, AV, Web/Email protection, DLP.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and address risks, threats, alerts, and incidents.
- A team player who can effectively collaborate with team members and third-party providers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to manage, prioritise, organise, and deliver a variety of tasks to a high standard, and in line with specification and plan.
- Ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with incidents and at times of high demand.
- A recognised Information Security accreditation – SSCP, CISSP, CCSP, or ISO27001 Lead implementer is desirable
- A recognised Microsoft accreditation – MCA, ASEA, MCSA, or MCSE would also be desirable
Our client offers a generous benefits package; one that demonstrates how strongly they value their team. In line with this ethos, you can expect
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible Hybrid Working (split between home and office).
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Supported and encouraged professional development.
- Private Medical scheme (single cover that can be increased to FULL Family).
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.