A FTSE 250 company is looking for an exceptional specialist.
This is a fantastic opportunity focused on Service Management of IT 3rd party providers.
We are looking for a Commercial Officer – Category Manager IT, to be responsible for all commercial aspects and contracts for this FTSE listed company. The remit of the role covers relationships with all IT 3rd party vendors – including management of the renewal of 3rd party support contracts and carrying out service reviews with the key service providers to ensure that they are meeting SLA and other obligations.
- Provide a single point of commercial contact for all internal IT stakeholders and external suppliers – whether for services, hardware or software
- Accountability for the operational management processes associated with 3rd party suppliers
- Lead the support renewal process ensuring each contract is optimised in terms of consumption, strategic alignment and commercial competitiveness
- Carry out regular service reviews with key suppliers, ensuring that they are meeting their SLA & other obligations, implementing performance improvement plans as appropriate
- Chair the Contract Renewal Governance board, where each contract renewal is assessed and approved
- Working with IT Infrastructure Delivery & Project Managers to take design outputs and identify which suppliers would be suitable; gain quotes for project requirements and manage the approval process
- Obtaining quotes from 3rd party suppliers for new requirements and renewal of existing contracts
- Managing the approval process for purchase orders for new requirements and renewals such that PO’s are raised in a timely manner
- Managing the receipting of invoices, and resolution of issues and escalations associated with suppliers
- Tracking the third party spend against opex budgets, providing management and finance reports as required
- Providing accrual information to finance to track payments to suppliers
- Responsibility for monthly reporting and analysis of OpEx and CAPEX spend
- Ownership of annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Preparation of all consolidated monthly reporting, budget and forecast slide decks and ad-hoc presentations. Each tailored accordingly depending on required content and audience.
- Reviewing, challenging and making recommendations on business cases impacting IT Operations, including validation of benefits and scrutinising costs.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of Service Management of 3rd party providers (including offshore providers)
- High analytical and problem-solving capability
- Commercially, contractually & financially astute
- Experience interpreting vendor contract, support & licensing terms and conditions
- Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business