Work at the cutting edge of Digital Learning!
It’s a brilliant time to join our client as their Business Development Manager. With recent award wins and a global client list this is a great opportunity for an experienced BD Manager to join them.
Move your Business Development career to the next level by working at the cutting edge of Digital Learning!
Working as a pivotal member of the Business Development team, this role will focus on generating leads and supporting the development of these opportunities whilst achieving your personal and team targets.
You will be a driven individual and have a fundamental belief in providing the right solution for the right client and responsible for generating new business through interactions with potential clients at conferences, speaking at or attending events and writing articles as well as responding to RFPs and ITTs and new queries from clients.
Day to day:
- Achieving and exceeding personal sales revenue targets in line with company objectives
- Sourcing, qualifying and developing profitable new business opportunities so as to deliver consistent gains in sales
- Ensuring that all commercial relationships are managed proactively
- Maintaining accurate sales pipeline data and reports
- Working with the content and platform production team when required
- Completing contracts promptly and in advance of production work commencing
- Working as part of the Sales consulting and Marketing team, contributing to our client’s overall growth and success by sharing ideas and collaborating on major bids
- Sourcing, identifying, and closing new business opportunities relevant to stated business lines
- Networking effectively in key vertical markets to build the company’s profile
- Gaining new business, and building repeat business relationships within key accounts
- Scanning tender journals to identify bidding opportunities, manage bid production & submission
- Developing high quality winning proposals (hands on ‘solution’ writing required)
- Communicating effectively with peers & management
- Communicating effectively with Production to produce specifications, budgets, schedules, project handovers, issues management, and commercial management (e.g. raise & close change request requirements where work exceeds initially agreed scope)
- Contributing to team meetings
- Promoting the brand values of the company in all actions, promoting the company internally and externally
- Working with other stakeholders within the Company for common interests and commercial success
- A minimum of 4 years new business sales experience.
- Working experience with Learning Management Systems and/or bespoke content
- Exceptional track record of achievement
- A degree education
- Exceptional presentation, negotiation and communication skills
- Proven track record of success selling bespoke elearning solutions or related offerings
- Currently selling bespoke elearning to the corporate sector (e.g. Construction, Finance, Pharmaceuticals, and Retail etc.)
- Minimum of 4 years experience selling bespoke elearning via a consultative sales approach
- Consistent achievement of personal sales targets (minimum of £500K + per annum)
- Effective at dealing with senior decision makers and complex sales cycles
- High level of commercial acumen, able to take a ‘profit based’ approached to sales
- Strong and proven industry networking credentials
- A natural deal-maker, able to deliver consistent new business gains, ranging from smaller monthly gains to long term high revenue business
- Confident, expert in your field, highly motivated, tenacious
- A proven self-starter – must be able to work well under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Robust but constructive communication skills and style – both for internal relationships and to manage clients effectively.
- Well organised, efficient and technology literate (strong competency in MS Office, WordPress, Salesforce, desk research, awareness of e-Marketing etc.)
Our client has a sociable and collaborative team environment where people feel valued. This is a great chance to move your BD career up a level so apply today!
If you would like any more information about our Business Development Manager role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.