Perform a critical user facing role within a progressive and innovative IT department.
We are looking for an experienced and insightful business analyst to work within a leading international professional services firm.
Our client supports global 500 and FTSE 100 companies and are seeking an ambitious Business Analyst to play a critical role within an innovative and progressive IT department.
This role will perform Business Analysis across the entire spectrum of firm processes and procedures to ensure that the most appropriate solution is found. This will include process changes, existing application development, new IT projects, such as physical infrastructure programmes, bespoke software development, digital projects, telecoms and IP networks change, introduction of new applications (and changing working practice) and creation of new managed service partnerships.
Day to day, you will be responsible for capturing, analysing & documenting business requirements for the IT team. You will work alongside stakeholders to determine the priority of requirements based on value to the business, defining the scope of the change activity, and then working with both business users, IT staff and other business services departments to guarantee the change activity meets the business needs and deliver the change.
A significant part of this role will involve helping the business to maximise the value in its investment in productivity, knowledge and document management tools and any other technologies that we may adopt in the future.
Skills and experience required.
- Track record of applying business or logical analysis to break down complex problems and identify viable solutions.
- Able to work with user groups to break down loosely defined requirements into actionable facts that define the success of the project.
- Understanding of transversal enterprise IT applications and the supporting IT and telecoms infrastructure, with specific reference to Microsoft and document production products.
- Effective at building and sustaining relationships across all levels of the organisation, both within IT and beyond.
- Credible in relaying detailed information to a non-expert audience in a manner that creates action and gets results.
- Experience in acting as a point of reference to a delivery team, confident in working and negotiating with technical experts to ensure the project’s mandate is achieved.
- Experience of various tools and techniques applicable to breaking down problems, formulating solutions, and tracking and prioritising risks and issues.
- Experience of developing financial tolls to track and forecast spend against budget.
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills, with the motivation to exceed expectations
- (Desirable) Law or Professional services experience
- (Desirable) A good understanding of project lifecycle methodologies such as Prince 2 and IT best practice frameworks such as ITIL.
- (Desirable) A good understanding of the Microsoft product suite
- (Desirable) A good understanding of Document Management Systems (ideally iManage Work)
- (Desirable) a good understanding of Legal Tech (ideally BigHand Outline and Dictation, Litera suite and Nuance)
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided. Longer term, there may be a requirement to work up to 2 days per week in either the London or South West office when safe to do so.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.