Back End Software Engineer
Are you a talented Software Engineer looking for a greenfield software engineering environment that offers the opportunity to use the latest AWS, DevOps and Front End technologies and UI framework
Are you a talented Software Engineer looking for a greenfield software engineering environment that offers the opportunity to use the latest AWS, DevOps and Front End technologies and UI frameworks who wants to play a key role in shaping both the product and technical direction of the software team?
Then we have a great opportunity with a fast – growing B2B ‘scale – up’ based in Bristol working to provide data-driven insights to guide marketing and commercial decisions in some the world’s largest enterprise technology, telecommunications and energy companies. The business is based in Bristol and London, but they work globally with enterprise clients across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
The company, (primarily a services business today ) has got its product to market, is profitable and has grown revenue 100% YoY.
The company is run by entrepreneurs, an experienced management team and is supported by angel investors and a board of directors who have built, scaled and exited numerous technology businesses.
The company is now entering a new phase of growth and is looking for a forward-thinking Software Engineer to build (yes, it is a blue – sky opportunity) a scalable platform to enable their next phase of growth.
To be successful in this role you need to have experience and expertise in building web apps which are scalable and have an architecture of an enterprise standard.
Due to unprecedented demand by clients for their products, and considerable organic growth , the need to evolve the delivery of products is one of our number one priorities to support the next stage of growth.
This role will help to shape the technology roadmap and help to bring the vision for their product to life. Your responsibility will be ensuring their back-end architecture, code and devOps are running smoothly on a day to day basis.
These products are highly visual data visualisations, so experience in working with data – led applications is highly desirable.
You will be involved in the key decision making and execution around how we translate both internal research requirements into tools, as well as development of our external platform to clients.
We need a developer with high energy and deep skills to work on both client projects and core engineering projects.
In time, as the company and engineering function grows, the company will allow you to scale a team to support the increased technical requirements.
We need projects delivered with impeccable execution to provide a seamless end-user experience to our enterprise clients – who are based all around the world. Additionally, you will help prioritise the product roadmap based on customer feedback and project experience.
Skills & Experience Required:
- First and foremost, you must be a self – starter. We’re looking for someone who can work independently, learn what needs to be learned, and generally “get stuff done”. We expect this candidate to take charge of their role and drive results. We’re a small team and we work collaboratively and openly to help each other succeed.
- Current Internal tools have been written in PHP and Aurora (MySQL), so experience in these languages to extend these tools is required however there is plenty of scope to help the company adopt new development languages and tools to enable highly scalable cloud-based solutions and move towards serverless coding (python. Node.js, Java or Go)
- 5 + years in web application development and managing these in a production environment
- Experience in building API’s, managing databases, and cloud-based deployments
- Experience in working closely and collaboratively with front-end developers who will be building UI around your code
- Excellent academic qualifications
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- Used to working in a startup environment
- Experience in working on apps built on AWS
- Agile development skills, working closely with product manager
- Experience of working with NLP, Machine Learning is highly desirable
- AWS Lambda, AWS CognitoComprehend and Rekognition
- RDS and or Dynamo DB
- AWS API Gateway
- Current Internal tools have been written in PHP and Aurora, so experience in these languages to extend these tools.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role from the very beginning which offers great career progression scope including the opportunity to grow and build a team around you. Our client is based in the heart of Bristol city centre within easy walking distance of Bristol Temple Meads and also offer a flexible working environment including remote and home working options.