Experienced Azure engineer required!
Help the project delivery for a public cloud transformation from our client's current virtualised work-place hosted infrastructure to Azure and Office 365 services.
We are looking for a motivated, determined and experienced Azure Engineer able to work in high pressure situations to help project delivery for a public cloud transformation. This will include migrating servers, databases, file and print services, identifying SAAS solutions and telephony services.
Day to day you will,
- Monitor and support Production services and help maintain availability by owning incidents and triaging where appropriate.
- Help deliver changes and maintenance to current networking and routing including Cisco switches.
- Work collaboratively with other teams in supporting new features, services and releases into Azure.
- Work with existing IT team members to transfer knowledge and enhance team capabilities.
- Investigate, resolve and perform root cause analysis on any service outages, resulting in permanent resolution.
- Build out repeatable infrastructure and hold configuration in place using software solutions such as Octopus deploy, Terraform and GIT.
Skills & experience required.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and Office 365 and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Networking including Azure, Cisco and CATO, Checkpoint firewall configuration and administration.
- Windows server (2012+) and Linux server build and administration.
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- Microsoft Exchange and ancillary mail services including security.
- Source control software and methodologies such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Monitoring and log management implementation for new servers and infrastructure.
- Virtualisation technologies and networking.
Desirable skills & experience (not essential).
- Experience using Azure DevOps (VSTS) and working in a scaled Agile environment (SAFe).
- Infrastructure as code methodology.
- Experience with advanced scripting and/or software development.
- Experience managing and automating cloud platforms using tools including Octopus Deploy and Terraform.
- Have determination and be an effective trouble-shooter, able to work in high pressure situations.
- Be focused on creating highly scalable and available production services.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Be a team player and this attitude should span the entire business.
- Have a background in Infrastructure and IT operations.
- Be passionate about automation and process efficiency with proven experience.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.