Join a fully cloud-based challenger to the UK Financial Services and Insurance sector.
We are looking for a hands-on Azure Engineer to support our client as it rolls out a state-of-the-art platform for its customers.
As an Azure Engineer, you will support and manage the business’ Azure Infrastructure. This role will focus on BAU application and cloud support as well as project work to deliver operational efficiency improvements.
The Azure Engineer will work with multiple teams within the business as well as the delivery partners to ensure the smooth delivery of software projects.
If you have strong coding/scripting experience and an interest in DevOps with a desire to develop your skills, you may have what it takes!
As our Azure Engineer, your work will span service management and Application / Technology Expertise.
- Work closely with the Head of IT, Solutions Architect, internal teams and suppliers to operate and improve processes that ensure smooth operational collaboration.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of new tools and technologies through independent research, prototyping and participation in proof-of-concept activities, alongside the Solutions Architect and other members of the team.
- Assess the impact of business or technical change on; Application Support processes, tools and documentation, and delivering necessary changes to ensure Application Support team readiness.
- Implement and improve operational IT processes and service monitoring. This spans the DevOps tools and processes, service logging and monitoring/alerting tools and helpdesk systems.
- Participate in IT delivery projects to ensure deployment, operations and support requirements are met.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the business’ Application and Infrastructure estate and use this knowledge to:
- Diagnose and resolve complex Application Support incidents.
- Provide a point of escalation to support other IT / Business Change staff to diagnose and resolve Application Support incidents.
- Develop and maintain IT documentation and support guides.
- Provide training/knowledge transfer to other Application and IT support staff.
The key responsibilities will be to
- Identify operational efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Liaise with other departments and deliver a supportive teamwork approach.
- Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security and implement best practise.
- Write scripts for service quality analysis, monitoring and operation
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Investigate and resolve technical issues by deploying updates/ fixes
We are looking for someone to take a strong desire to be constantly learning and developing. Our priority is to find colleagues that share our passions and mindset.
Working at the forefront of technology means that you’re constantly evolving your skills and experience, so we don’t expect you to have used all of our tech stacks, but we do expect expertise in some.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or an adjacent field or relevant work experience.
- Experience using an array of automation tools.
- Familiarity with software security methods.
- Curious, discerning envelope pusher.
- Top-notch decision-making and collaborative abilities.
- Customer-oriented with the ability to receive and use constructive criticism.
- Solid communication and prioritisation skills
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Azure KeyVault
- Azure Function Apps
- Azure CosmosDB
- Azure APIM
- Azure Application Insights
- Azure Front Door
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure B2C
Not 100% necessary, but it would be desirable if you had experience with
- Prior experience at all phases of the software product life cycle, from conception to extinction.
- Demonstrated experience using a wide variety of coding languages.
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry useful but not essential
- Azure DevOps
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.