Join a leading professional services organisation.
Our client is seeking a talented Azure security specialist to work closely alongside the CISO and IT team to create and maintain cloud security.
Working within the cloud security team, this role helps determine the priority of security requirements based on the scoring and benchmarking of the Azure cloud instance. You will also work alongside technical support to ensure that the security change activity meets business need as well as securing the cloud to protect the organisation from cyber threat.
Day to day, you will:
- Work with CISO and the IT Security team to gain a detailed understanding of the mandatory and desired outcomes of security change activities; capture and maintain a security improvement log.
- Support the development of options of technical security solutions available to secure the cloud infrastructure
- Make security solution recommendations based on fit, technical feasibility and cost analysis.
- Ensure security solutions fit long term IT Security objectives.
- Develop security testing and performance measurement that enable the security team to measure whether the solution delivered is fit for purpose and meets the brief.
- Capturing, analysing & documenting cloud security requirements
- Working with IT Technical Support during the design, build and test phases to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business
- Deliver security process automation and tooling.
- Implement continuous security control testing, and improvements to monitoring of Azure security events and alerts through optimisation and automation.
- Increase visibility of security threats and configuration weaknesses by optimising the configuration of cloud native security tools, e.g. Azure Security Centre, SQL Server Advanced Data Security, and Azure Sentinel.
- Reduce security vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses through standards and increased awareness.
- Use security risk metrics to enable reporting on threats and the cyber security control.
The skills & experience required.
- Practical experience of Information Security frameworks and knowledge of Data Security & Privacy, Network Security, Access Control, Security Incident Management.
- IT background and understanding of potential IT and cyber threats to the organisation
- Demonstrable experience and execution of security automation, and configuration of Azure cloud native tools to maximise their effectiveness e.g. Azure Security Centre, SQL Server Advanced Data Security or Azure Sentinel.
- Track record of applying business or logical analysis to break down complex problems and identify viable solutions.
- Understanding of transversal enterprise IT applications and the supporting IT and telecoms infrastructure, with specific reference to Microsoft products.
- Effective at building and sustaining relationships across all levels of the IT Department.
- Credible in relaying detailed information to a non-expert audience in a manner that creates action and gets results.
- Experience in acting as a point of reference to the Head of IT Security, confident in working and negotiating with technical experts to ensure the technical security improvements are achieved.
- Experience of various tools and techniques applicable to breaking down problems, formulating solutions, and tracking and prioritising risks and issues.
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided although longer term there may be a requirement to work up to 2 days per week in our client’s South West office.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.