Work for a FTSE 250 company!
Are you an Azure Cloud Specialist and Engineer looking to take the next step into Management or Cloud Service Delivery?
If so this would be a great opportunity to make that step and take on the responsibility for ensuring a cloud services portfolio meets business and customer requirements. You will be the champion for the delivery and optimisation of cloud services for a leading Digital business. Currently focused on Microsoft Azure future company acquisitions will create the opportunity to investigate and implement other emerging Cloud technologies across AWS and GCP.
- Own the day to day service delivery of Azure Cloud operations
- Focus on Cloud optimisation from both cost and delivery of uptime and availability
- Determine industry best practices for our Cloud operations using cloud tools for automation and orchestration of the compute environment.
- Own the Cloud portfolio and product management, working with internal development, architecture and with customers to collaboratively develop, the strategy for cloud services
- Take ownership of and deliver service level agreements (SLA) with Cloud Service providers as well as 3rd party support providers
- Takes ownership of the cloud services service level agreements between the cloud service provider and the customer
- Ensure they are managing our Production services in line with best practice frameworks and ITIL processes
- Work with our Project delivery team to ensure the smooth transition of projects into production support, ensuring that there is Governance around Development teams using the Cloud services and Project going Live with Cloud services
- Develop the cloud service catalogue
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding of Azure with knowledge of AWS or GCP an advantage
- Understanding of Compute, storage, Data Lake, Data Warehouse and data centre technologies and emerging trends in cloud computing and storage.
- Understanding of the unique requirements for enterprise and commercial customer use of private cloud, hybrid cloud, and public cloud
- Understanding of data platforms and systems and their use within cloud environments.
- Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Azure. Windows System administration, filesystem concepts etc.
- Comfortable with PowerShell scripting
- Understanding of how to monitor Azure based applications.
(Not essential as training and support to develop these skills will be provided)
- Previous supplier management experience and the ability to drive commercial terms with 3rd parties
- Building / maintaining partnerships and relationships with stakeholders, business users & 3rd parties.
- Experience of budget development/management and the ability to forecast budgets and manage resource plans to support activity.
In addition to a generous and extensive benefits package listed below you will have the opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment that offers extensive training and personal development opportunities.
- Flexible working (hours and home / remote working options)
- Private medical cover
- Life assurance
- Generous pension scheme (5-10% company contribution)
- Up to 16% Bonus
Location: Slough within easy commute of Maidenhead, High Wycombe, Bracknell or Reading. Close to train station or free car parking available.
If you would like more information about our Azure Cloud Operations Manager role then get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.