Be part of a digital transformation programme delivering a new Microsoft Azure cloud based platform.
We are looking for a hands-on Azure Cloud Engineer / Technical Project Engineer contractor to join our client changing the conversation within the financial services space.
As an Azure Engineer, you will support and focus on BAU application and cloud support as well as project work to deliver operational efficiency improvements.
The Azure Engineer will work with multiple teams within the business and our client’s delivery partners to ensure the smooth delivery of software projects.
You will be closely involved in
- Service Management: Working with the Head of IT, Solutions Architect, internal teams and suppliers to operate and improve processes that ensure smooth operational collaboration.
- Supporting the evaluation and implementation of new tools and technologies through independent research, prototyping and participation in proof-of-concept activities, alongside the Solutions Architect and other members of the team.
- Assessing the impact of business or technical change on; Application Support processes, tools and documentation, and delivering necessary changes to ensure Application Support team readiness.
- Implementing and improving operational IT processes and service monitoring. This spans our DevOps tools and processes, service logging and monitoring/alerting tools and helpdesk systems.
- Participating in IT delivery projects to ensure deployment, operations and support requirements are met.
As the Azure Engineer, you’ll spend your days
- Identifying operational efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Liaising with other departments and deliver a supportive teamwork approach.
- Identifying and eliminating security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security and implement best practices.
- Writing scripts for service quality analysis, monitoring and operation
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Investigating and resolving technical issues by deploying updates/ fixes.
As Azure Engineer, you will demonstrate a strong blend of technical skills combined with strong problem-solving skills. You will have the ability to manage small project tasks including investigation and discovery activities. You will create and deliver both solutions and forward planning.
It would be essential that you have
- Experience supporting Microsoft platforms & related technologies
- Exposure to the Azure Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with software security methods.
- Curiosity, always looking to push the envelope.
- Top-notch decision-making and collaborative abilities.
- Customer-oriented with the ability to receive and use constructive criticism.
- Solid communication and prioritisation skills.
On top of this, it would be great if you also had exposure to
- An array of automation tools
- Azure DevOps
- DevOps tools and techniques
- CI/CD pipelines
This contract is for an initial term of 6 months and is inside IR35. It is a hybrid contract opportunity with remote working options available.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances