Drive forward the next generation of digital services!
Our client is looking for Automation Testers / QA Engineers at various stages of their careers. As an integral part of this first class development team, you will help to scale this leading, global organisation.
Our client is an industry giant; working with international clients at the forefront of their sectors – some of whom are transforming the trajectories of top tech trends, including IOT and 5G.
If successful you will focus on the ongoing integration, maintenance and upkeep of a new product currently rolled out to valued customers. Consequently, a full and thorough knowledge of the complete testing cycle will be required to ensure the new product and platform consistently delivers to optimum levels.
Day to day you will,
- Work on the creation and maintenance of automated tests using Coded UI tests and other forms of coded tests against a range of Web applications.
- Perform effective defect management and drive defects to closure by taking complete bug ownership.
- Assist the Documentation Department with understanding API definition and functional requirement interpretation.
- Assist with performance test preparation, execution and summarisation of results and perform basic business analysis on specifications (user, functional, technical) to design, create and maintain existing automated test cases and test suites.
- Create test conditions and automated test cases/scripts from documents, GUI or from both.
- Leverage debugging tools and interpret data to provide more information about software defects.
- Participate in peer reviews of bugs and test cases.
- Take part in improving the overall Quality Assurance Process of the end-to-end Development Cycle and Release Process.
(We are looking for a number of Automation Test Engineers to work at various levels of experience)
- At least ISEB/ISTQB Foundation.
Significant experience of working in Quality Assurance Automation or as a Test Automation Engineer.
- Experience in all areas of the testing lifecycle (systems testing, functional, regression testing, UAT).
- Good working experience of one of Selenium, Spec Flow or Cypress or other code based test frame works.
- Experience in testing Web UI and Web API applications.
Experience of test driven development processes and frameworks.
Good knowledge of commonly used test models & frameworks.
- Good understanding of the test lifecycle and where it sits within the development lifecycle.
- Experience of carrying out peer reviews, triages, show-and-tells product demonstrations.
- At least a basic knowledge of JSON, XML and SQL.
- Experience with deployment of applications on cloud and on-premise environments.
- Experience working with Enterprise BSS applications
You should have;
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of QA in an Agile development methodology
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understand the principals of change/configuration management
- Basic Knowledge of Command Line Scripts, PowerShell or similar tools
- Basic Business Analysis skills
- Knowledge of tool sets assisting in trouble shooting in a windows/cloud environment
- Strong communication skills and able to confidently communicate with developers, architects, BAs etc.
- Excellent English Language verbal and written communication skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Flexibility in approach
- Interest and Awareness of new technologies and tools
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided although longer term there may be a requirement to work up to 2 days per week in the office when it is safe to do so.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.