Work for one of the UK's leading insurance providers!
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a creative and fast-paced DevOps team providing application and platform support for a leading UK company.
In this role as an Application Support Engineer, you’ll be instrumental in supporting a range of platforms across the company and aiding their transition into a fully scaled agile organisation.
Day to day you’ll be resolving a variety of incidents and problems, as well as designing and deploying automated tasks to improve performance and efficiency. You’ll need excellent SQL, PLSLQ, and scripting skills as you’ll be defining and supporting batch schedules and system monitoring requirements, and helping to improve system reliability and standard operating procedures.
This role sits within the lively Database Services team who support and develop the company Oracle database estate and internal applications, so a background in a fast-paced DevOps environment, as well as excellent communication and teamwork skills, is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and PLSQL
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle with a good awareness of other database platforms
- Good understanding of Shell Script in a Unix environment
- Good experience scripting using Python or Shell in an engineering team
- Good knowledge of CD/CI processes and tools, including Jenkins and GIT
- Good understanding of AWS or Oracle Cloud
- Experience providing Application and Platform Support in a 24/7 environment
- Excellent attention to detail, teamwork skills, and communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile DevOps environment
- Experience with Batch Processing tools, ideally Tivoli Workload Scheduler
- Experience with additional coding tools such as Apex
- Previous experience in the financial services or insurance industry
If you would like more information about our Application Support Engineer role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.