Be part of an Award-Winning FinTech!
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join a highly collaborative environment geared towards frequent delivery of high value and quality business solutions.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will work directly with customers in the wider business to support the platform and associated applications. You will be responsible for addressing the underlying cause of problems which generate work for the team and removing or streamlining repeat activity through automation.
You will contribute to the team’s output, generating an understanding of the business context, data and processes.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will be:
- Working with the Problem Manager to identify the root cause of incidents and implementing workarounds and fixes.
- Assisting the Application Support team in resolving incidents and fulfilling requests to meet SLAs.
- Identifying candidates for automation and reducing the volume of work handled by the team.
- Challenging existing processes and ways of working with a continuous focus on increasing efficiency and removing unnecessary work.
- Implementing monitoring solutions across our technology stack to ensure we can measure, make informed decisions, and pre-empt failures on the platforms.
- Acting collaboratively with other teams in supporting new features, services, and releases.
- Working with existing IT team members to transfer knowledge and enhance team capabilities.
- A creative thinker able to overcome ‘the way things have always been done’ with innovative solutions and ideas.
- Passionate about automation and process efficiency – with a proven experience.
- Determined and effective trouble-shooter, able to work in high pressure situations.
- Customer focused and keen to understand the wider business context.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Team player attitude that spans the entire business.
- Background in IT that shows an ability to learn quickly and think outside the box.
Essential working experience of
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills.
- Experience with advanced scripting and automation tools such as Powershell or Python.
- Experience working in an Agile framework using DevOps tools.
- Source control software and methodologies.
Desirable but not essential knowledge of
- Monitoring and log management including DataDog and Redgate.
- Experience working with reporting tools such as PowerBI.
- Development exposure, particularly Microsoft technologies such as .Net.
- Experience working within a scaled agile environment, ideally SAFe.
Benefits of the role
- Working from home options available
- 25 days holiday per calendar year plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- Tech Scheme (buy discounted electrical products and pay back monthly via Company payroll)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular social events
- Private Medical scheme
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs
- Various corporate gym membership rates
All interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer-term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided ideally on a hybrid 3 day split between home and office working post covid.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.