Be a pioneer of technology!
We are seeking a skilled 2nd Line Wintel Engineer to join a progressive and fast-paced Managed Service Provider to provide 2nd line support to client’s technical functions ensuring all incidents are reported and rectified in line with agreed SLAs.
This role will require the engineer to work closely with customers and internal stakeholders to plan and ensure successful delivery of technical changes as required by the company. You will act as the escalation point and will work with the client and both internal/external 3rd parties to resolve technical issues as they arise and you will support the drive to improve service delivery by contributing to the identification and resolution of incidents and problems as they arise.
This role will require you to be on call for some shifts as well as regular travel to customer and datacentres.
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience:
- Has a track record of delivering success in a similar role ideally within a Managed Service Provider
- Has in-depth knowledge and operational understanding of the following technologies: Windows operating systems, VMware, Microsoft SQL Server configuration and administration, Exchange, AD
- Experience with VDI or Azure is an asset but not essential
- Significant experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management from an operational perspective gained through ITIL v3 experience.
- Has experience and a good understanding of LAN and WAN network technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively at all levels
- Microsoft Office advanced user (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
If you would like more information about our 2nd Line Wintel Technician role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.