Be a pioneer of technology!
We are seeking a skilled Microsoft IT Support Engineer to join a progressive and fast-paced Managed Service Provider to provide 2nd line support to a wide range of client’s technical infrastructure platforms and functions ensuring all incidents are reported and rectified in line with agreed SLAs.
This role will require the engineer to work closely with customers and internal stakeholders to help maintain, upgrade and monitor customer infrastructure platforms including VMWare and Azure environments and will ensure successful delivery of technical changes as required by the company. This will include updating VDI and Azure portals and maintaining servers. You will act as the escalation point and will work with the client and both internal/external 3rd parties to resolve technical issues as they arise and you will support the drive to improve service delivery by contributing to the identification and resolution of incidents and problems as they arise.
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience:
- Has a track record of delivering 2nd line support in a similar role ideally within a Managed Service Provider or IT Services company
- Has in-depth knowledge and operational understanding of the following Microsoft platforms and technologies: Windows Server and operating systems 2012-2019, VMware, Microsoft SQL server configuration and administration, Exchange, Active Directory / AD, Windows 7-10 / O365
- Knowledge of Virtualisation and VMWare technologies (VMWare View, VMware ESXi hosts
- Strong knowledge of Azure and VDI
- Significant experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management from an operational perspective gained through ITIL v3 experience.
- Has experience and a good understanding of LAN and WAN network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP)
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively at all levels
- Microsoft Office advanced user (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
All interviews and onboarding will be completed remotely.
If you would like more information about our 2nd Line Support Engineer role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.