Join the IT team of a leading financial services company.
We are looking for an ambitious 1st line Application Support Analyst to support our client's fully digital, Microsoft Azure cloud-based platform.
We are looking for a talented Application Support Analyst to become part of a growing and dynamic IT team.
Our client is a market-leading financial services company experiencing a period of rapid and sustained growth working at the forefront of consumer satisfaction in the Financial Services Industry.
As an Application Support Analyst, you will be responsible for providing 1st line IT & application support for issues raised by the business.
- Triage application incidents, potentially spanning multiple applications and impacting multiple business processes, and engaging with our IT solution partners and other members of the Application Support Team.
- Be on-site several times a week to assist with physical issues and office infrastructure (including printing)
- Gather information on IT service issues and map operations business issues to the underlying application and infrastructure architecture
- Support the valuation and implementation of new tools and technologies through independent research, prototyping, and participation in proof-of-concept activities
- Strive for continuous improvement and identify and record these
- Use your experience to help assess whether current tools and platforms remain competitive, fit for purpose, and cost-effective
- Support application support analysts in the incidents and requests
We are looking for a 1st Line Application Support Analyst / Service Desk Analyst with the following skills and experiences
- Some current experience (1 year +) of working in an applications support, 1st line helpdesk, or service desk type role
- The ability to understand and extract key information from investigations to diagnose and resolve incidents
- Experience working within an ITIL framework
- Ability to work under pressure whilst meeting and exceeding contractual SLA and internal KPIs
- Enjoys investigating and resolving problems big or small, with a passion for understanding the why and the how
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently
- A strong logical and troubles hosting mindset, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously when required
- A positive and enthusiastic approach alongside a strong team ethic
- Ability to multitask, be flexible and deal with interruptions and change
It would also be advantageous to have knowledge / understanding of the following areas
JIRA (including Service Desk)
Powershell or other scripting languages
Kubernetes / Containers
As 1st Line Application Support Analyst / Service Desk Analyst, you will have the opportunity to grow and learn within a comprehensive training and development programme.
You will have the opportunity to make a real difference and be part of a culture that is driven to make life better. You can expect a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Flexible hybrid working – 2-3 days per week in office
Discretionary company bonus
Private medical insurance
Life assurance x4
6% Company Pension
24/7 GP service
Travel insurance and much more
Initially, this will be a contract role with the opportunity to go permanent. It is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to quickly progress their career into 2nd line and beyond.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.